Job offer from April 12, 2023
The Cologne Graduate School of Ageing Research (CGA) in Germany is a joint venture of the University of Cologne Excellence Cluster on Stress Responses in Aging-Associated Diseases (CECAD), the University Hospital Cologne, the Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing and the Max Planck Institute for Metabolism Research. Cologne has emerged as a leading global research cluster with a stellar constellation of institutes and scientists dedicated to ageing research in Life Sciences.
We offer up to 5 Master Fellowships to highly motivated and talented students holding a BSc degree in Biology, Biochemistry or a related subject. The Master fellowship programme is embedded in a cutting-edge research environment and will start on October 1, 2023. Admission to one of the structured and well established Master programmes in Biological Sciences (Computational Biology, Genetics and Biology of Aging and Regeneration or Neuroscience) or Biochemistry at the University of Cologne is a prerequisite for receiving a Master fellowship. Master fellowships are 934 €/month and will be awarded for a maximum duration of 1.5 years and until the start of the Master thesis project.
- An outstanding international research environment at one of the most prestigious ageing research cluster in Europe
- Close contact to our principle investigators and research groups of the above mentioned institutes
- Possibility to apply to the Cologne Graduate School of Ageing Research for structured PhD studies
- Excellent infrastructure for training and research by internationally recognized scientists in facilities with state-of-the-art technologies
- Support and guidance for international students in all administrative matters
We are looking for
- Highly qualified students holding a BSc degree in Biology, Biochemistry or a related subject that are motivated to explore the field of ageing research at an early career stage
- Outstanding 1st year students of the Biological Science MSc programme or the Biochemistry MSc programme of the University of Cologne that are eager to work in the field of ageing research
- Application deadline: July 15, 2023
- Online application portal: http://www.ageing-grad-school.de
- Application to the MSc programme Biochemistry or to one of the Biological Science MSc programmes (Computational Biology, Genetics and Biology of Aging and Regeneration or Neuroscience) is a prerequisite and an independent step. Please note that their application deadlines may be different!
- Contact: email@example.com
The associated institutes are committed to diversity, diversity of perspectives and equal opportunity. Applications from people with a disability and their peers are especially welcome. People with a disability are preferred if equally qualified. Applications from women are encouraged.