The Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing offers training as an office management assistant and as animal keeper in clinic and research.
Animal keeper Clinic & Research
Since 2010, we offer apprenticeships as animal keeper for clinic and research. Our team of trainers consists of 7 members who supervise 1 to 3 trainees per year.
The training as animal keeper for clinic & research lasts 3 years and can be shortened to 2 ½ year with appropriate suitability and qualification. The vocational school is located in Düsseldorf, where block lessons take place every three weeks. The practical part of the training takes place primarily in the institute's laboratory animal husbandry (mice and fish). Our animal husbandry department has cooperation partners in Wuppertal, Essen and Cologne in order to offer additional training parts that cannot be conducted in our institute. This means that the trainee spends some time during the training in internships at other locations.
Are you interested in this training or do you have any questions? Then contact Danja Schmitz:
Tel.: +49 221 37970 343
Office management assistant
The administration of the MPI offers training as office management assistant. During this training, you can choose between the qualifications commercial management and control, purchasing and logistics, human resources management as well as assistance and secretarial services. You can find further information about the apprenticeship here (in german) at the IHK Cologne.
Are you interested in this training or do you have any questions? Then contact Waltraut Bräunig: wbraeunig(at)age.mpg.de
What you can expect with us
The Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing has already received several awards for outstanding achievements in vocational training. In the years 2019 and 2020, the institute was among the best training companies in NRW and in 2020, for the first time, it was also among the best in the whole of Germany. In the previous years, the Institute has already twice been awarded the Max Planck Society's Training Award for outstanding achievements in vocational training (2015 and 2018).
Awards and achievements
- Germany's best trainee in the training profession of animal keeper in the field of research and clinic 2020 (Charlotte Rösch)
- Best trainee in the state in the training profession of animal keeper in the field of research and clinic 2020 (Charlotte Rösch)
- Best apprenticing company in Germany 2020
- Best apprenticing company in NRW 2020
- Best trainee in the state in the training profession of animal keeper in the field of research and clinic 2019 (Rita Bork)
- Best apprenticing company in NRW 2019
- Winner Training Award of the Max Planck Society 2018
- Winner Training Award of the Max Planck Society 2015