Metabolomics Core Facility
We offer several metabolomics-centered services, including the qualitative and/or quantitative analysis of a broad range of metabolites from the central carbon and energy metabolism, next to comprehensive lipidomic measurements. Additionally, we offer support for custom-designed metabolomics projects.
This core facility aims to provide complete metabolomics service but also training for regular users. The facility is accessible to all research groups at the Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing. External users may be granted access on an individual, cooperative basis.
We support scientists in the successful implementation of their metabolomics research projects. Since each organism contains a broad spectrum of functionally and chemically diverse metabolites, different analytical approaches are required for their efficient analysis. Accordingly, we offer different levels of support. Firstly, we routinely perform qualitative and quantitative gas and liquid chromatographic separations coupled with high- and low-resolution mass spectrometers. These methods allow the targeted or semi-targeted analysis of polar as well as lipid metabolites covering a wide range of cellular metabolism. For more complex, especially untargeted or large-scale studies, we offer support in experimental design, setting up specific sample preparation and metabolite extraction methods, but also in data analysis, visualisation and interpretation.
- Waters TQ coupled to Thermo Fisher Dionex™
- Waters TQ-S coupled to an Acquity UPLC (iClass) or ICS-5000+ ion chromatographic system
- Thermo Fisher Q-Exactive HF coupled to Integrion ion chromatographic system
- Thermo Fisher Q-Exactive Plus coupled to Integrion ion chromatographic system
- Thermo Fisher TSP Altis coupled to Vancquish UHPLC
- Thermo Fischer Orbitrap ID-X Tribrid coupled to Vancquish UHPLC
- Bruker TIMS ToF Pro2 coupled to Acquity UPLC (iClass)
- Thermo Fisher Q-Exactive GC Orbitrap GC-MS/MS with EI or CI source