CORE FACILITIES: TRANSGENESIS
The Transgenic Core Facility (TCF) is a service facility specialized in the generation of transgenic mice. The primary mission of the TCF is to provide access to transgenic technologies, reduce the effort and costs for the scientist and increase the know-how in the field of transgenesis. In addition we are also providing assisted reproductive technologies.
Further information about our animal research can be found here.
Experimental techniques performed at the facility
- CRISPR/Cas9-based genome editing to generate transgenic mice with gene knock-outs, conditional gene knock-outs, variant allele knock-ins and transgene knock-ins
- DNA pronuclear microinjection
- Microinjection of embryonic stem cells into blastocysts
- Morula aggregation with diploid and tetraploid embryos
- Cryopreservation of embryos and sperm
- In vitro fertilisation
- Rederivation of infected mouse strains