The Career Network at the Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing is a new initiative that brings together established institute resources and career expertise into a functional network in order to structure and optimize the career development efforts at the institute.
The Career Network is chaired by our Scientific Coordinator Dr Gabriella Lundkvist and comprises individual Career coaching, the Grant’s office, the Gender Equality office, the PhD student office, and a Peer board with the representatives of the Postdoc and PhD student committees.
The Career Network aims to assist and support young scientists at the institute in shaping their individual career paths and making their own academic or non-academic career choices, and thereby assuring an efficient, goal-oriented and successful time at the institute.
More specifically, the Career Network
- Provides individual support, coaching, tips, advice and inspiration
- Organizes career events, courses, lectures and workshops (complementary to the CECAD and MPG career activities)
- Invites speakers, trainers and recruiters
- Informs about career relevant news and events
- Mediates important professional contacts
- Identifies teaching possibilities for scientists interested in acquiring teaching experience
- Builds up an Alumni network and attempts to connect young scientists with external alumni mentors